I love it when friends cook for me and I discover delicious dishes which I would otherwise never have tried.
If you’re thinking, “Well, I don’t like artichokes/peppers” don’t stop reading! This dip may change your mind. Ordinarily I’m not a fan of artichokes or peppers, so last Saturday as I was watching this being made, I didn’t pay too much attention, thinking that I’d never want to make it anyway. But once I’d tasted it’s creamy, artichokey goodness, I couldn’t stop eating.
400g canned artichoke hearts (I used artichoke hearts in garlic oil)
8-10 tablespoons light mayonnaise
5 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
3/4 teaspoon onion salt
- Preheat the oven to 190c.
- Drain the artichoke hearts and chop into small pieces (the size does not matter too much, it just depends on how “chunky” you want the dip to be, I tried to get the artichoke into 3cm-ish pieces)
- Place the artichokes into a casserole dish or anything with a large surface area to spread the dip over.
- Add the mayonnaise, 4 tablespoons of the parmesan and the onion salt. Mix well.
- Level out the mixture in the dish and sprinkle the remaining parmesan over the top.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 mins or until the cheese has melted and the top of the dip is slightly browned.
- Whilst the dip is in the oven wash and deseed the peppers. And slice into strips (you may want to make the pepper strips a little wider than I have done here so that it’s easier to scoop up the dip).
When you read the recipe you’ll notice that the dip is baked in the oven. I thought it was weird to have warm dip, but it actually creates a nice texture when eaten with cool, fresh peppers.