It’s just been one of those days where I wanted to curl up in bed and sleep forever….not step out into the perpetually pouring, sideways rain and go to work. This miserable weather calls for another cheerful Spanish recipe, which you must try. Not only is it delicious, but it will definitely brighten up your day. Enjoy!
300g Desiree postaoes
6 large eggs
1/2 bunch parsley
50ml olive oil
Salt and pepper to season
- Peel the onion and chop into thin slices. Peel the potatoes and cut into thin rounds.
- Dice the chorizo and roughly chop the parsley.
- Heat 30ml of olive oil in a frying pan. When it starts to smoke, add the potatoes, onions and chorizo. When completely coated in oil, reduce to a low heat, add a couple of pinches of salt and pepper and cover the pan to cook until the potatoes are tender.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk with a fork, add the chopped parsley and a pinch of salt and pepper (you won’t need too much salt at this stage as the chorizo is quite salty already).
- When the chorizo, potatoes and onions are cooked, transfer them into the bowl with the whisked eggs.
- Put 10ml of olive oil into the frying pan on a medium heat, then pour the egg, chorizo, potatoes, onion and parsley into the pan.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook slowly for 20minutes or until there is no uncooked egg on the surface of the tortilla.
- Use a palette knife to loosen the edge of the tortilla and carefully flip the tortilla onto a plate.
- Put the remaining olive oil into the pan on a medium heat and return the tortilla back to the pan to fully cook the other side and to set the egg. This will take about 6 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve hot or cold with mixed salad leaves and a dollop of aioli.